Friday, September 14, 2012

"Ember" By: Jessica Sorensen




Ember Book 1 of the Death Collectors

What if you knew when someone was going to die?
For seventeen-year-old Ember, life is death. With a simple touch, she knows when someone will die. It’s her curse and the reason she secludes herself from the world. The only person who knows her secret is her best friend Raven.
Then she meets Asher Morgan. He’s gorgeous, mysterious, and is the only person Ember can't sense death from. So when he pushes into her life, she doesn’t mind.


But when unexplained deaths start to haunt her town, Ember starts questioning why she can’t sense Asher's death and what he may be hiding.



My review 
5 out of 5 stars

Just have to put it frankly, JS has done the impossible again, I was so excited to read this and man did it pay off.  I loved this story more than all her books so far.  I loved the storyline it was magnificent.  Jessica has taken her books to a whole other level!!!!!
To start off I loved Ember she was the kind of character I look forward to reading about. She was strong and she kept her sanity, I loved that she was strong no matter what had happened in her life. Raven was just amazing! She was built to be the exact opposite of Ember, but I loved it, I love how well she fit in the story. Cameron was what I thought he'd be, to add to that he was a character that was built well, he was evil and in my opinion psychotic.  I had a bad feeling when he was first introduce in the story.  Asher was a great character, he was very confusing to me and secretive, but all in all he made it work. I loved the violence, it was awesome. I also loved how the story had a really good climax. I can't wait for book two!!!!!
 All in all I have to say PRAISE for Jessica Sorenson!!! She has amazed me once again with her book!

1 comment:

  1. this book is great, isn't it? I love it, and can't wait until Cinder is out.
    I came from Jessica Sorensen's giveaway, and am a new follower.
    oh, and I made a cool new button for Jessica, she has the crab box at her blog, if you wanted to go get it to update, it features characters from Ember. :)
    Michelle’s Paranormal Vault of Books

    ReplyDelete