Friday, September 14, 2012

"How to be a Goddess" By: Sarah Nestler



How to be a Goddess by: Sarah Nestler
"As Katla races her long time best friend Riley to class, she runs into an odd man in a black cloak. When she wakes up from the impact of the hard hallways floor, she finds herself in a different world -- the underworld. Katla soon finds out who the odd man is. He's Hades... god of the underworld, god of the dead.
Katla's been turned from a normal teenager into an ice goddess, life as she knows it has changed forever.
When she thinks it can't get any worse, she meets Apollo and they have an instant connection. It's not until she learns Apollo is actually Riley that she realizes why!
With the help of her best friend, Katla learns HOW TO BE A GODDESS, and it isn't as bad as it seems."

SARAH NESTLER lives in a cloud above Olympus with her goddess of a mother and her amazingly smart cat named Brad. She has been writing stories and books since she was in first grade. Sarah is a middle school student and is thrilled to be publishing her first book 


My review: 5 out of 5 stars


To start off, this was an easy read, it was fast, exciting, and very well written. I loved the story line! 
I'm curious to know if this will be a series because she could add so much to it! 
It was so amazing how well she did the Greek culture. I loved in the end how she gave you a list of the Greek terms, the Greek names and their meanings.
I loved Katla, she was so strong willed, sarcastic, funny, and all around awesome, she could hold her own and didn't want to be told different.
Apollo, He was always there for her, he loved her but never pushed it on her, he was very protective, jealous, cocky, obnoxious, but all around great to her and great for her.
I wish the story lasted longer, but it was amazing anyway, I want a signed copy no lie, this chick is a great role model for all kids/adults that want to be an author, as she has shown it doesn't matter your age, you can pursue your dreams!
If I could recommend this book I would recommend to everyone.  It was Sarah's very first book and man, did she do it right! 
Sarah, you are an amazing author, I'm so happy that you started so young and can continue to strive in your amazing works. I hope the best for you and I'm so very happy you gave me the opportunity to read your book! 


Here is her link buy her book!   http://www.amazon.com/How-be-Goddess-ebook/dp/B0091JBBQ8/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1347131282&sr=1-2&keywords=how+to+be+a+goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment